July 16, 2021
The Club will transition to Step 3 of Ontario's reopening plan, on Friday July 16. We will endeavour to ensure that we are in compliance, and more importantly, that our members remain safe. We ask all members to maintain proper adherence to the Provincial guidelines.
The following is permitted with restrictions:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 100 people.
- Indoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 25 people.
Activities often involve using a restaurant or facility. You might find the below 4 points helpful. More information is available from the Provincial guidelines.
- Indoor dining with no limits to the number of people per table. However, restaurants must limit capacity to permit physical distancing of 2 metres between tables and other restrictions. Buffets are permitted.
- Indoor fitness classes are allowed with a 50% capacity limit and other restrictions.
- Indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities are allowed with a 50% capacity limit and other restrictions.
- Outdoor sports and recreational fitness facilities are open. Capacity and other restrictions exist for spectators.
*** Please note that the Club is unable to verify the vaccination status (if any) of club members. Participation in in-person events, and leading of in-person events, is entirely at the discretion of members. Please bring appropriate PPE, if necessary. Please contact the Steering Committee if you are uncertain or have any additional questions.
The 2021 Out & Out Steering Committee
Please read the following message carefully to understand how Out & Out will be rolling out modified in-person activities.
Activity Leaders - Location
Activity leaders, you are responsible for knowing the Provincial guidelines at the location of your activity. It is possible that at some point in time, the Province will have different guidelines between neighbouring communities. Circumstances can change quickly. If the Province changes the in-person rules for the location of the activity you are leading, effective on your activity date, then you are responsible for cancelling the activity promptly since it is no longer compliant with the Provincial guidelines.
No Guests Allowed
Only members in good standing who have signed the online Code of Conduct and the Waiver and Indemnity will be able to attend events.
In the effort to keep the membership safe and healthy and to protect the Club, it is mandated by the Club’s insurer and recommended by legal counsel that only those who have agreed to the Code of Conduct and the Waiver and Indemnity can attend Out & Out events and activities.
Registering for Activities and Taking Attendance are Mandatory
Members must RSVP for any activity they wish to attend. Activity leaders must confirm to members who RSVP if they may attend the event and take attendance to ensure that only registered members participate.
The reason is two-fold. First, the Club insurer and legal counsel have informed the Club that it must ensure that only those who have signed the Club Waiver and Indemnity may attend activities. Second, for contact tracing purposes, it is critical to track all people who attend Club activities in the event that an attending member tests positive for COVID-19.
What does this new RSVP process look like?
- If you see an activity posted that you want to sign up for, email the activity leader listed on the posting by the registration deadline.
- The activity leader will reply confirming if you are signed up or not for the activity.
- At the activity, the leader will take attendance at the beginning to ensure that only those who have a confirmed RSVP for the activity are in attendance. Anyone who did not register will not be able to stay and participate in the activity. Additionally, no guests are permitted to attend a Club activity.
- Activity leaders must keep the names and contact information of all activity attendees for 14 days after the activity has finished. This is mandatory, since the public health unit may need to perform contact tracing.
Attending Activities is at Your Own Risk
All members attend activities at their own risk including the possibility of being exposed to COVID-19.
All members confirmed to attend an event should self-assess for COVID-19 exposure prior to attending. If you answer yes to any of the following statements, you should cancel your RSVP and NOT attend the activity.
- I am currently experiencing any of these symptoms that are new and not related to seasonal allergies or pre-existing medical conditions diagnosed by a qualified healthcare provider: Fever (feeling hot to the touch, a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher); Chills, Cough that's new or worsening (continuous, more than usual); Barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing (croup); Shortness of breath (out of breath, unable to breathe deeply); Sore throat(not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions); Difficulty swallowing; Runny nose(not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions); Stuffy or congested nose(not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions); Lost sense of taste or smell; Pink eye(conjunctivitis); Headache that’s unusual or long lasting; Digestive issues like nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain (not related to other known causes or conditions); Muscle aches that are unusual or long lasting; Extreme tiredness that is unusual (fatigue, lack of energy); Falling down often; or sluggishness or lack of appetite.
- I have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days (This does not include essential workers who cross the Canada-US border regularly).
- I have been asked to self-isolate (stay at home) by a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit in the last 14 days.
- In the last 14 days, I have either: tested positive for COVID-19, or been in close physical contact with someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19. Close physical contact means: being less than 2 metres away in the same room, workspace, or are living in the same home.
- In the last 14 days, I have been in close physical contact with a person who either: is currently sick with new COVID-19 symptoms (like a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing)? or returned from outside Canada in the last 2 weeks with new COVID-19 symptoms (like a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing)? Close physical contact means: being less than 2 metres away in the same room, workspace, or are living in the same home.
When you attend an event, ensure you:
Note that the Club is unable to verify the vaccination status (if any) of club members. Participation in in-person events, and leading of in-person events, is entirely at the discretion of members.
Activity Leaders Can Ask Non-Complying Members to Leave an Activity
If a member attending an activity does not adhere to health and safety protocols outlined by the Club and by the activity leader (social distancing, etc.), an activity leader has the authority to ask the member to leave the activity.
Members must adhere to health and safety rules and processes. This is part of the Code of Conduct signed by all members in good standing. Failure to follow these health and safety measures can result in a suspended or revoked membership.
Next Steps and Thank you
Modified in-person activities are being resumed, as determined by Ontario's Reopening Plan. We look forward to seeing Club members in person again in a safe and responsible manner. In the meantime, we would like to thank the many members who led activities online during the lockdown and who continue to do so. Thank you for giving your time, sharing your creativity, and for creating a virtual space for community during a very challenging time for all of us!
It is also important to recognize the work of the Steering Committee and the other member volunteers who help with administering the Club. The process of reintroducing in-person activities requires careful planning and additional time and effort from these volunteers. Thank you to these dedicated members for their ongoing commitment to Out & Out.
The Out & Out Club Steering Committee